Close Server: KOPWWW05 | Not logged in

Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

how is the excelsior college lpn to rn program?

Last post 05-27-2009, 9:18 PM by Jill Schoenig. 80 replies.
Page 6 of 6 (81 items)   « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  03-26-2009, 3:57 PM

Re: how is the excelsior college lpn to rn program?

Hi Aiesha.

I have been taking the courses and it is great , but a little slow going for me personally. I take test's at a local college near me and the other exams I take at a prometric testing center. There is no semester's, just  take the exam's as you go, as fast or as little as you want. I'll be honest with you teaching yourself microbiology takes some time I studied for 2 months for it, as well as Anatomy & Physiology, so if it takes some people six month's it's probably because they had some prerequisites done already. I have been at this 4 years because I have a family and I always put myself last, which I'm not doing any more, after my next test I have only 1 more undergraduate test to complete and I can now take the Excelsior nursing exams towards my R.N. .  I am very excited I just applied to their nursing program, and I am awaiting the acceptance letter ( hopoefully) they grant it to me! You cannot take any of their nursing exams till you finish the required undergraduate 31 credits needed. The upside to all of this , is you don't have to go to college, no quizzes or reports, just one exam for each subject and it get's printed out right after you take the exam, and you walk away after the test with college credits, that's the great part!

•  03-26-2009, 6:22 PM

I am an Associate LPN, moved to another state, and they won't let me board for the Assoc RN, so I paid for the Excelsior program, and want to chip away at it.  Problem is, I work for the Veteran's Administration, and once I have my RN, I won't have a job, since I am in an LPN position.  Right now, jobs are good to hang on to.  But one thing I would like to offer is that the books are updated repeatedly, so when you are ready to start one, call them and make sure you have the latest one.  Oh, yes, and I had to take Religion too, it was the only thing that I didn't get with my degree.

Good luck to all of us "low paid nurses"!

•  04-19-2009, 10:15 PM

i am currently in the excelsior program and as long as you were enrolled as a student before the time they did away with it they will accept you. i am one of the last classes and hope to complete my degree this year. Ga said they will take it on a case by case basis but you have to be thru by july of 2010 and apply for licensure in ga by december of 2010.

Mary Rebecca Floyd

•  05-08-2009, 12:19 PM

Have you started the nursing portion yet and if so how is it going? I am checking into this program and am curious about your experience with it.

•  05-11-2009, 6:46 PM

Excelsior has practice exams that you can take prior to taking the actual exam and it helps because you have an idea of what the questions would be like.  The practice exams are $65 and you have 2, 100 question exams.  It's well worth it.  Another option is Excelsior's free content guide for the exam you want to take.  Hope this helps.

•  05-27-2009, 9:18 PM

do you have any books for the program?
    js LPN
Page 6 of 6 (81 items)   « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6