Close Server: KOPWWW05 | Not logged in

Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
Search

Re: Nursing shortage?

•  10-15-2008, 5:13 AM

Re: Nursing shortage?

I  agree with you Gail. I left my last job in May of this year due to a conflict of interest ( I got tired of shipping out patients that have been overdosed by the nurse that I was relieving). As of this date I have sent out 158 applications and faxed out over 40 resumes. Although I have been an LPN for 20 plus years, have credentials through Robert Woods Johnson Medical College, I have not been able to find a job. I attempted to sign up for unemployment, they told me I would have to find another job (duh!) work 4 weeks, and then get FIRED! I hear everyone talk about the "nursing shortage" but they all want RN's. In the South Jersey area, LPN positions are VERY limited. Most LPN positions are anywhere from 1 to 1.5 hours away. I filled out an application and was told the interview would be held in Somerset (2.5 hours away and a 200 mile round trip) but the job was 28 miles away. I cant afford the gas to get to the interview. Most positions down towards the shore are all filled by mostly very limited english speaking RN's who tell me "I do not know what you speaking". I think LPN are slowly being phase out and being replaced by med techs. I am seriously considering changes in my career path. Wonder if WaWa is hiring? :)
View Complete Discussion