Close Server: KOPWWW05 | Not logged in

Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
Search

Re: I need your nursing/hospital ratings

•  10-17-2008, 5:51 AM

Re: I need your nursing/hospital ratings

Sandra I agree with you. I live in southern NJ and had recently worked for a LTC facility. I was the ONLY white nurse on day. All other nurses were fillipino. I was made to feel VERY uncomfortable.As far as the language, yes I agree. I had witnessed first hand that they would talk about other co-workers because it was very blatant. I had a charge nurse who spoke very little english could not take proper MD orders or chart on same. One day as I was preparing to give my 12 p.m. meds (it was 11:45 a.m.) I had observed this same RN coming put of the patients room. She had asked me if I had taken his fingerstick yet. I had commented that he is my first patient on my rounds and I was on my way down I was just getting the glucometer. Like I said she had just walked out of his room. It didnt take me 5 seconds to walk into his room. Needless to say, I had to call a code. As I was doing compressions she kept moving my hands down to his belly area. I continued CPR until paramedics came (26 minutes) before they called it. I was the one to contact the family, make arrangements for the funeral home, did ALL the charting (her charting EXACT WORDS CHARTED WERE...DEAD @ 12:26 p.m.). After all this, she had asked me "did you change so and so colostomy bag yet"? Come to find out, the director of nursing had sponsored 11 out of 12 of these nurses. Three were her relatives including the ADON. Now when I apply for a job and take a tour, I tend to notice this, and make my decision from there. One f the nurses told me that she was told by the DON all that she had to do was paper, the LPN's were there to do the "dirtywork" and she wouldnt have to touch a patient.
View Complete Discussion