Close Server: KOPWWW05 | Not logged in

Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
Search

Re: Exit exams for LPN schools????Pls Help

•  01-06-2009, 11:02 PM

Re: Exit exams for LPN schools????Pls Help

I am currently having the same problem with my school. I am a recent LPN graduate and my school requires me to take the exit exam. The school REFUSES TO RELEASE your name to the state until you have successfully passed their exit exam with a 90% or greater!!!!! I do not know if every school prepares their own exit exams for their students, but all I can tell you is that currently at my school our exams are (4) diferent versions with 100 questions and 4 hour time table.   I HAVE TRIED ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS (with no success) to find out exactly what or how I should prepare myself to take this exam but there is not a teacher, counselor or any affiliate with the school that can help me!!! I don't have any idea on how or where to start to even try and prepare myself for this exam. All that the personnel at the school keeps telling me is just start studying everything because we can not tell you because we do not know whats on it!! They tell me that there is no such text book or exam guide, etc that I can benefit from.  After 4 attempts they state that you MUST RE-TAKE the LPN COURSE!!!! Also everytime you re-take the exit exam without passing they charge you a fee to re-take it!!! My questions are IS THIS LEGAL and is there any textbooks, etc. that focus mainly on taking this exit exam!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, my class consisted of 20 students and out of the 20 only 3 students have passed this exam within the past 8months, while others are on their 4th try! If there is anyway possible that you could help me I would GREATLY APPRECIATE IT!!! Thank you in advance for all your help.
View Complete Discussion