Close Server: KOPWWW05 | Not logged in

Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

New Specialty

Last post 01-04-2019, 5:17 AM by Gianna Flores. 2 replies.
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  06-07-2004, 7:12 PM

New Specialty

Has your facility implemented any training/education programs that help nurses change specialties?
  •  05-03-2006, 8:26 AM

RE:New Specialty

We have transition programs with postings on the online job board.  Most of these programs are geared toward new grads but are advertised as available to nurses wishing to transition to another specialty.

This is appealing both to current employees and prospectives.  A lot of nurses get into nursing because of the versatility of the profession.  Having transition programs shows that the facility offering them is open to change and cares about the professional needs of its staff.

I will be participating in a transition program starting in July for ICU.  I am currently a med-surg nurse and I'm ready for something new.  Stepping up to ICU is a big deal, taking care of less stable patients where the nurse is faced with life of death decisions.  The transition program reassures me that I will be well prepared for my new role.

I will be in the program for three months.  New grads will continue for six months.  My facility offers transition programs for ICU, L&D, cardiac tele and CCU, med-surg and med-onc, NICU, psych, and ER.

nizzle
  •  01-04-2019, 5:17 AM

Re: RE:New Specialty

No,  my Orlando Women's Center doesn't implemented any training/education programs that helps nurses to change their specialties but we have an abortion clinic where nurses can join and learn more things about their profession and can get more specialties in gynecheology . 

abortion price tampa |Abortion pill lakeland fl | Abortion Clinic North Tampa