Close Server: KOPWWW05 | Not logged in

Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

inservice ideas and activity project

Last post 10-26-2007, 12:57 PM by Mitexi. 3 replies.
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  07-31-2006, 1:08 AM

inservice ideas and activity project

Help, I have to give and inservice and have no clue about a topic. I am completing my fieldwork in an inpatient unit- the patient population is primarily CVA's, and orthopedics.  I wil be giving the inservice to the rehab staff only.  Does anyone have any ideas for inservice topics??

Also anyone have any ideas for an activity project about total hips? I seem to be in the middle of a mental block.

Thanks

•  08-05-2006, 2:48 AM

RE:inservice ideas and activity project

MESSAGE BY: blubis969

Help, I have to give and inservice and have no clue about a topic. I am completing my fieldwork in an inpatient unit- the patient population is primarily CVA's, and orthopedics.  I wil be giving the inservice to the rehab staff only.  Does anyone have any ideas for inservice topics??

Also anyone have any ideas for an activity project about total hips? I seem to be in the middle of a mental block.

Thanks

REPLY FROM: OHIOKAREN

How about one-handed shoe tying or demonstrating how to teach the use of adaptive equipment such as a reacher or dressing stick?

Karen Hanson Dayton, OH
  •  09-12-2007, 9:41 PM

RE:inservice ideas and activity project

Fall prevention is always an easy to present to the rehab team.
  •  10-26-2007, 12:57 PM

• Mitexi is not online. Last active: 08-21-2019, 8:48 PM Mitexi
    • Joined on 10-26-2007
    • OTD student
    • Creighton University
    • Omaha, NE
    • 3 Posts

Re: inservice ideas and activity project

Hello, As far as your activity project for total hips, I just did one a few months ago and I made a long handled shaving kit for the facility I was at. Occasionally I would get young ladies and they would ask me about shaving with their precautions. They are really easy to make too. If you're interested send me an email rms97671@creighton.edu.  Good luck!
    Rosette Stabler