Close Server: KOPWWW05 | Not logged in

Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

conflicts of "stay-in" OT- home setting, is it a Professional Issue or not?

Last post 11-07-2007, 2:18 AM by Lindsyl Ferraren. 0 replies.
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  11-07-2007, 2:18 AM

conflicts of "stay-in" OT- home setting, is it a Professional Issue or not?

hello..

I am currently employed as a private OT to a suspected Autistic Child. I have been working with him & the family for almost a month now,  but i have personal conflicts about the job first, since it's a home setting: 1-2 hours a day but i get to see the child during the rest of the day (losing the gap of a teacher-student relationship) & he has established it as his territory/comfort zone, secondly, my relationship to the parents is more of an "employer-employee" rather than "therapist-client" sort of thing. Third, the child is not diagnosed yet & they do not allow me to disclose the said condition to any of same profession. Thus it seems like I'm creating a wrong image of the profession making it look like a part of household name. It has affected my effectiveness as a therapist as well since the parents have different demands of goals set to be accomplished immediately. Should I be bothered with these issues as to the profession or it should have been an advantage (for those who experienced it)?? Please Help..