Close Server: KOPWWW05 | Not logged in

Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

LPN Refresher Courses

Last post 06-23-2009, 7:21 PM by Judith Erban. 13 replies.
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  08-18-2008, 3:31 PM

LPN Refresher Courses

I have been out of the job market for a long time....19 years.  Would like to get back in.  Any suggestions?  Does anybody know of a LPN refresher course out there.  I have been looking but not having much luck.
  •  08-25-2008, 3:28 PM

Re: LPN Refresher Courses

Susan Mendez:
    I have been out of the job market for a long time....19 years.  Would like to get back in.  Any suggestions?  Does anybody know of a LPN refresher course out there.  I have been looking but not having much luck.
  •  08-25-2008, 3:31 PM

I also have been out of the nursing field for 16 years and would like to know if there is a refresher course available and is it necessary to take to get another nursing job.
  •  09-03-2008, 7:44 PM

I have also been out of nursing for 9 years. I contacted the board of nursing in my state and was given all of the information  I needed on activating my license. I would definitely  recommend you do the same. Good Luck!
  •  09-04-2008, 10:21 PM

Hi, try the below LPN Refresher Course:

Somerset County Technology Institute (right across from the Bridgewater Commons Mall)

14 Vogt Drive, Bridgewater, NJ 08807

Contact: Elizabeth Stitley, RN, MSN 908-526-8900 x7235 or E-Mail: estitley@scettc.org

Late registration going on now.

•  09-04-2008, 10:22 PM

Hi, try the below LPN Refresher Course:

Somerset County Technology Institute (right across from the Bridgewater Commons Mall)

14 Vogt Drive, Bridgewater, NJ 08807

Contact: Elizabeth Stitley, RN, MSN 908-526-8900 x7235 or E-Mail: estitley@scettc.org

Late registration going on now.

•  09-04-2008, 10:27 PM

Note: this is an 11 week course which meets on Mondays and Thursdays. Just noticed you are not located in NJ. Contact your board of Nursing for additional information. The NJ Board provided me with the Somerset County NJ LPN Refresher Course.

•  09-08-2008, 9:46 PM

Hi:

why don't you send a message to the NFLPN in your state. I'm sure they will be able to give you many places to chose from. Or give you the best suggestions.  

JoBets
  •  10-22-2008, 6:53 PM

There is a course in Texas that does correspondence and in class. They do clinicals too. The website is:www.phesonline.com Good luck on your return to nursing.
  •  10-22-2008, 6:55 PM

Some state boards don't give the info out. THey consider it advertising. You can also try your professional organizations or nursing departments of your local universities.
  •  10-22-2008, 6:57 PM

I see you are in Florida. I believe there is a Brookhaven College there that does a program.
  •  05-07-2009, 8:36 PM

IT'S ME MIKEWAVE (IN CLEARWATER !)

Melaina,

If this is who I remember from years ago, e-mail me at MIKEWAVE1@hotmail.com.  I'm in Clearwater for training until May 19th !!

•  06-14-2009, 10:51 PM

I am in the same situation. I have been out of the clinical arena for 18 yrs. I have kept my VA licenses active & have updated my college

A&P I-II, along with other classes, as I was preparing to go for RN school, but would rather not.

Does anyone know of any LPN refresher courses so I can get back into the job market working as a LPN ?

•  06-23-2009, 7:21 PM

I do not know if this will help but try contacting your state licensing board and area hospitals I would contact Human Resources they are usually up to date with information.
    Judith M. Erban, L.P.N.