Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

Salary ranges for homehealth PT and PTA's

Last post 10-17-2014, 10:18 PM by silton mart. 26 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (27 items)   1 2 Next >
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  01-15-2010, 1:24 PM

Salary ranges for homehealth PT and PTA's

I am looking for salary ranges in homecare for PT's and PTA's as we are trying to say competitve. Any information would be helpful. Thank you. Also does your staff get paid per visit or are they salaried?

•  01-25-2010, 8:31 PM

Re: Salary ranges for homehealth PT and PTA's

Laurie,

The therapist from my primary agency are all contracts with some sub contracting to assistants.  The rate was recently increased to $55 a visit with mileage ( we are somewhat a  rural community), this is with using the laptop which most agree has increased the time of the documentation by 15-20 minutes per visit.  On average I could drive 65-90 miles a day( we work in territories).  Some of the other agencies in the area are salaried, I don't know what that range is.  I do believe they seeing 5-6 visits a day but they are all on paper, do not pay mileage and the SN does ALL the admissions and HHA supervisions.   I look forward to reading other replies.   Charlotte

C. Dudek
  •  01-26-2010, 9:51 PM

What kind of patients does home health mostsly consist of ? Medicare Part-A or Part-B ?

Thanks 

•  02-01-2010, 4:39 PM

Our agency sees Medicare traditional(not broken down to A/B), Medicare HMO's, private insurance companies if the are contracted to us as a preferred provider. Homecare gets reimbursed differently than out pt , SNF , acute. We get paid one lump sum and many factors influence this per Medicare regs. That amount is to cover not only PT but all rehab RN and HHA.
  •  02-01-2010, 4:41 PM

Thanks Charlotte for the info.
  •  02-02-2010, 12:57 AM

I think the rate depends on experience , area and whatever the company you work for is willing to pay.I have been a PT for 20 years (last 5 years only home care) and work in the Detroit-area.I work for 4 different companies and they pay $60 , $65 and $70 per visit( I am self employed(pay my own tax , no benefits)).

Hope this helps , good luck.

Bert  

•  02-02-2010, 10:12 PM

Thank you Albert for the info. 

I am presently looking for jobs in Home health near detroit. Do you know if any of 4 companies you are working now has any openings ?

Thanking you 

•  02-02-2010, 10:13 PM

Thank you Laurie for the input. Do you have any clue about the therapy caps ? Does $1860/ cap apply to home health as well ?

Thanks 

•  02-14-2010, 9:10 PM

Not at the moment ,Contact me in a couple of weeks . I would try the paper (Detroit free press , Ford  , Beaumont , Oakwood, Staff connections).Good luck Bert

•  02-25-2010, 5:45 PM

As a PT, I also have gotten $70/visit and 90 for Oasis evals in addition to mileage.   But, this varies wildly, even within the same city.   It pays to ask around if you are in a fairly large metropolitan area.
  •  03-05-2010, 12:56 AM

Raja,

I work for home health salaried position for 90k plus benefits. Let me know if you want info

•  03-06-2010, 2:43 PM

I'm a PTA in California and am currently being paid 43$ per visit.  I'm not sure if this is a competitive rate or not.  Does anyone have any imput that might help me negotiate my rate.  I'm contract and not receiving mileage as I only see pts within a 20 mile radius of my home.  No benefits.
  •  03-08-2010, 7:41 PM

I work in  Pittsburgh, PA and I receive on average $50 per visit.  I'm wondering what would be considered "premium rate", though.  Anyone have any input?
  •  03-08-2010, 10:10 PM

Rajaram,

I just got a mailing from residential home health.They have a meeting coming up(March 25).

Bert

•  03-11-2010, 9:23 PM

Hi Flm, 

Yes, i am interested in the job.Please provide details.

Thanks 

Page 1 of 2 (27 items)   1 2 Next >