Close Server: KOPWWW05 | Not logged in

Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

RHIA vs RHIT

Last post 11-06-2019, 1:19 AM by Sherry Rex. 3 replies.
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  09-30-2010, 2:14 PM

RHIA vs RHIT

Does anyone know if it is better to get a post-bach certificate and sit for the RHIA exam or to get an associates in HIM and sit for the RHIT exam. I already have a bachelors in an unrealted field and amnot sure that I am on the right path. Is it difficult to get a job with an RHIA and no industry experience? I'm so confused on what to do. Any insights would be greatly appreciated!!!!!
  •  10-14-2010, 9:36 AM

Re: RHIA vs RHIT

Hi Kelly. I posted your question on our Facebook page and got some really good responses there. Please find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ADVANCEforHIM and read your colleagues' advice there.

Good luck with your studies!

Lisa Algeo, editor

•  10-14-2010, 5:05 PM

Kelly,

I am in the same situation.  I have a BA in Psychology (from 20 yrs ago!).  I never really used it, instead I went on to advance in the retail/wholesale world. I worked as a buyer for 2 Fortune 500 companies and did product development and importing. Now, with the future of retail in doubt, I want to enter the medical field, but not in patient care. I am looking for a fast-ish track path (I am 44) and I don;t have time to get different degrees while I figure it all out. Hopefully, HIT is the right area for me. I love information and being organized. I absolutely enjoy spreadsheets and analysis! 

Anyway, I am looking in the post BA cert. programs out there.  I think that I would not be able to do well on a RHIT exam without spedning the time on the in depth assoc. degree coursework.  Getting a quick certificate is not enough to give you all the preparation, in my opinion.

Where are you? I am in Michigan.

~Gina

•  11-06-2019, 1:19 AM

Wonderful 
    Get love back