Close Server: KOPWWW05 | Not logged in

Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

NP National certification

Last post 06-30-2016, 5:56 AM by mohamed hany. 12 replies.
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  06-30-2011, 12:08 AM

NP National certification

Does anyone out there know of a way to get a national certification without a Master's degree.  I have been an NP for 20 yrs.  I have an AS degree in Nursing and a certificate as a WHCNP.  I was working a BS and had health issues and had to drop out.  I recently was offered a fantastic job with a large health care agency but they require a National Certification.  I was not aware that we are not allowed to take the test without a Masters Degree now.  Is there anyway to get grandfathered in?

•  07-21-2011, 1:38 PM

Re: NP National certification

I believe that if you did not get or maintain national certification prior to 2005, you MUST have a Masters to take the WHNP certification exam. I personally don't know of anyway around this; I am a WHNP with Nursing Diploma/NP certificate and have have been certified since 1996, way before all of this started. Good Luck!!
  •  07-29-2011, 12:22 PM

Today it is a requirement to practice, you must be certified. ANCC has a set of review books to help with tht study and take the exam, it's not that bad. Good luck with your future plans!

•  08-15-2011, 9:19 PM

Veronica

Actually there are several states where you do not have to be certified to practice as an NP.  The only thing is that these states do not allow NP's to prescribe unless they are certified.  I only know this from a webinar by Fitzgerald that I listened to.

Angela

•  09-07-2013, 3:08 AM

Hi Mary !

Any luck  in acquiring national certification without a Master's degree? I too have been a NP in California for over 20 years and thought that I would be able to be Grandfathered in.

•  03-22-2014, 12:01 PM

Today it is a prerequisite to practice, you need to be licensed. ANCC has a set of evaluate textbooks to help with tht study along with acquire your test, it is not in which undesirable. All the best . with all your potential programs!
    العاب سيارات
  •  11-10-2014, 2:25 PM

Thanks, is perfect and awesome article new good job friend.
    العاب سيارات
  •  03-25-2016, 11:04 AM

•  04-03-2016, 12:57 PM

Nice
  •  05-29-2016, 1:47 PM

very nicee
    العاب بنات
  •  06-25-2016, 10:16 PM

Thank you my friend is very good topic good working and good luck more articles.
    العاب تلبيس بنات
  •  06-26-2016, 10:08 PM

Nice and perfect brother good business man i like it

top website cooking games is jeux4banat 

jeux4banat العاب طبخ جديدة على موقع
  •  06-30-2016, 5:56 AM