Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

Getting into PA school

Last post 05-12-2012, 11:52 PM by Elisa Morales. 3 replies.
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  01-04-2012, 8:35 AM

• Deana Thompson is not online. Last active: 10-02-2014, 7:43 AM Deana Thompson
    • Joined on 01-04-2012
    • Registered Respiratory Therapist
    • Rehabilitation Institute
    • Shelby Township, MI
    • 2 Posts

Getting into PA school

Any advice for getting into PA school? I am reapplying to U of D Mercy and wondering if there are any inspirational stories of how different PA's applied and got in the second time around.
  •  03-01-2012, 10:32 PM

Re: Getting into PA school

Actually, I applied and was wait listed at two different programs the second time around...and did not get in until the third try! Take encouragement in this: if you are right for the career, then perseverance and some smart planning on your part will pay off. The key is not to give up. Find the program that you will fit in with; keep improving yourself as an applicant and a future PA; and keep a positive outlook. The competition for getting into PA school is only getting harder every year. With respect to U of D Mercy, I never applied there, so I can only give general advice/encouragment. Good luck!

•  04-12-2012, 10:35 AM

Thanks Nancy for sharing your experience. I have applied it once and got rejected. I almost lost the hope to become a PA but came across your message. I think I am going to try again and see if I can get into this profession. I agree with you that the competition is increasing day by day. Thanks a lot.

Physician Assistant Salary | Physician Assistant Schools
  •  05-12-2012, 11:52 PM

I’m a freshman in college and wanting to hears some success stories for inspiration. I’m also thinking of going to Physician’s Assistant school and I’m just wondering how much does it cost to go to these schools compare to nursing programs.

peruvian hair