Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

Identification of malignant melanoma and how it relates to clinical practice among primary care nurse practitioners

Last post 05-24-2012, 1:43 PM by Iyaad Hasan. 0 replies.
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  05-24-2012, 1:43 PM

Identification of malignant melanoma and how it relates to clinical practice among primary care nurse practitioners

Dear Providers

Melanoma incidence and mortality has increased. However, this disease is preventable and treatable at an early stage. Primary care providers, like you, are important in the helping lower the morbidity and mortality of melanoma.

I am a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)  student at Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio. I am conducting a research study regarding primary care nurse practitioners’ ability to identify melanoma as well as barriers that keeps providers from performing a skin cancer screening. The researchers conducting this study are Christine Hudak PhD, RN, M.Ed., CPHIMS and myself.

I am collecting data through Survey Monkey® using the Advance for NPs and PAs’ Facebook page and Twitter account and the LinkedIn Nurse Practitioner Group. In approximately one week, you will receive a detailed explanation of the study on this page or account. Your participation is important and very much appreciated. If you have any questions prior, please do not hesitate to Facebook or LinkedIn message at “Iyaad Hasan” or Tweet me at @iyaadhasan.

Sincerely,

Iyaad Hasan, MSN, CNP