Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

Student

Last post 10-28-2012, 1:02 PM by Katrissia Dejesus. 1 replies.
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  10-23-2012, 3:44 PM

Student

I am a student of Medical Terminology Billing and Coding and will be finishing up within the next few days.

This was quite difficult at times, so much to remember. It was interesting and I am hoping to take the

certification test and get a successful career out of all this studying. It was frustrating at times but I enjoyed the challenge.

I, much as many other posting persons, am anxious to know what to expect in the job market? Any tips would be greatly appreciated,

•  10-28-2012, 1:02 PM

Re: Student

Hi Donna,

I am also a student that will be graduating next year with my associates degree in Medical Office Administration. I am currently taking a class in coding and like you said it is very difficult at times and very overwhelming. But it is very interesting to see what really goes on in a real medical office. I was just curious as to what certification test you are referring to? I would like to know in case I may have to take it as well. A few of my classmates are in the same degree program as me and already have jobs in the medical office administration field. They have told me they started off working the front desk, and after a few weeks they were trained to do different areas and began to move up "job wise" in the office. So I guess it all depends on what specific job you are looking for. But from what I understand you start off at the bottom and work your way up.

Katrissia