Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

Student of Medical Coding and Billing

Last post 11-01-2012, 1:43 PM by Lydia Young. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (17 items)   1 2 Next >
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  08-17-2012, 3:12 PM

Student of Medical Coding and Billing

I am really starting to get into the coding aspect of my studies. I am worried about all the information that I need to learn and maintain. If anyone has any helpful study and memory techniques that would help I would greatly appreciate it.

•  08-23-2012, 7:45 AM

Re: Student of Medical Coding and Billing

I found out that trying to code to the show " 1000 Ways to Die" made it more fun and less stressful.
  •  08-23-2012, 7:20 PM

The core of coding is the guidelines.  I would recommend reading through the guidelines in the beginning of the ICD-9 book as there are a lot of rules specific to the different chapters.
  •  09-03-2012, 10:55 PM

Are you planning to do coding in a facility, such as a physicians office, or hospital, or are you planning to work from home?
  •  09-03-2012, 11:03 PM

Can anyone tell me how you make a new post?  All I can find here is how to reply to a post, but can't seem to find where you can make a new post?

My question, is anyone seeking to be a Bill Coder and work from home?  If so, do you know anyone already doing so?  If so, was it a smooth transition to get into?  Do you have to have certain firewalls for that?

•  09-12-2012, 10:06 AM

Tracy,  my name is Candi and I too am having issues remembering all the information needed to code.  If you would like to have an online study partner, I could use someone to bounce questions off to.  I always go back to the guidelines and could help you. 

My e-mail is cndtrp@aol.com.

•  09-13-2012, 9:02 AM

I, too, would like any helpful information for memory techniques as I am just starting my coding course as well.
  •  09-13-2012, 5:30 PM

Dr. G is good too. That show is all about the morgue and how the people die.
  •  09-14-2012, 12:56 PM

I am also taking classes right now for Medical Billing and Coding. I am just starting the Insurance part of it and Will be starting the Coding later. It seems that studying and memorization are the best keys to be successful at this!
  •  10-09-2012, 3:06 PM

I, like most of you am a coding student.  I was wondering what you all find to be the easiest and hardest parts of coding?  Also,  does anyone have any study tips besides using the Guidelines?  Any information would be helpful.  Thanks.
  •  10-09-2012, 3:08 PM

I, like most of you, am a coding student.  I was wondering what you all find to be the easiest and hardest parts of coding?  Also,  does anyone have any study tips besides using the Guidelines?  Any information would be helpful.  Thanks.
  •  10-19-2012, 11:44 PM

Lydia Young:
    I, like most of you, am a coding student.  I was wondering what you all find to be the easiest and hardest parts of coding?  Also,  does anyone have any study tips besides using the Guidelines?  Any information would be helpful.  Thanks.
  •  10-31-2012, 1:20 PM

I am also starting a course in medical coding, and I am nervous. I will be taking notes, I hope they will be good enough
  •  10-31-2012, 3:19 PM

I am sure you will be fine.  You just have to read over all the material first.  I am in my second year in school and still get nervous.
  •  10-31-2012, 5:47 PM

I too am a MRC student and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the codes that we have to learn. 
Page 1 of 2 (17 items)   1 2 Next >