Close Server: KOPWWW05 | Not logged in

Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

Elbow splints

Last post 11-29-2016, 3:05 AM by next449 next449. 2 replies.
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  08-28-2013, 9:30 AM

Elbow splints

What has been your experience in using prefab elbow splints for chronic/LTC patients? I am using a dynamic elbow splint with a locking feature to maintain elbow extension. This pt. tends to keep his whole arm in a flexor synergy. My original thought was to have him wear the elbow splint at night. However, the question was raised if that would be too long of a period. What schedules have you used in the past. I want it to be worn at night so that he can use the arm during the day to promote function.
  •  10-17-2014, 5:56 AM

Re: Elbow splints

When applying the splint, place it to the right point where it does hurt you more and after it ease the tension off to feel mild discomfort only. The splint should be tight enough so that you feel some stretch at that place and the splint reapplied as the same way through the day until night time. Typically you have to remove the splint after three to four hours and elbow moves used for one hour. During this time period it is beneficial to soak the elbow in warm water to loosen it up after the removal of splint. You can continue the splinting until no improvement in motion is noted.  
  •  11-29-2016, 3:05 AM

Re: Elbow splints

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Lucida Grande'}

Hello! I'm sorry, that is not the topic! I really like your forum! Thank you, I'm with you)

wwwcomcast