Close Server: KOPWWW05 | Not logged in

Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

Future employment opportunities

Last post 07-03-2016, 1:22 PM by adnani jalal. 28 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (29 items)   1 2 Next >
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  05-12-2014, 9:44 AM

Future employment opportunities

Hi there,

I will be graduating with a degree in HIM in a year and have been looking at employment opportunities.  I have been noticing that many of the job postings require 2 to 5 years experience.  So my question is how difficult is it to gain employment right out of college with no experience in this field?  It looks like there are many opportunities available but without the experience this may be difficult.  I would love to hear how things are going for recent graduates when it comes to finding employment.  Thanks!

•  05-21-2014, 5:55 PM

Re: Future employment opportunities

Jennifer, you and I are in a similar situation. While I won't be graduating school in a year, I will eventually graduate as an HIM professional seeking employment. There isn't that much information online about experience after you graduate and obtain your credentials and how much a lack of experience will cost you in the job market. I will be checking back here to see the replies from some of our fellow HIM professionals to help us get to the bottom of this question.
  •  06-12-2014, 5:58 AM

Exectly i am also experiencing very harsh circumstances just beause of unempoyment.        
  •  08-27-2014, 6:16 PM

Hello everyone! I just started classes for this program. I have to apply for the program in early December and get in next year in the spring. I don't have any experiences yet as of right now but to tell you the truth I think it may be hard to find jobs because of the economy. Good luck to everyone who graduated in this program. hopefully you will find a job.
  •  08-31-2014, 10:23 PM

I am starting the HIM program as well. I think the thought of finishing school and not finding a job is the scariest possible outcome after all the work that we have put in.
  •  09-25-2014, 10:26 AM

•  12-05-2014, 7:42 PM

•  12-16-2014, 5:20 AM

According to BLS medical careers are one off the most safest career with the passage of time. There are several of the jobs in this section of jobs which are increasing almost 10 to 15% percent every year. Which looks quiet good ratio. 
    How much Radiology Technician earns?
  •  12-21-2014, 12:09 PM

very nice post brother, hopefully it's news can be received by many people.

لعبة زوما

العاب طبخ

العاب طبخ بنات
  •  01-06-2015, 2:59 PM

Finding employment will always be difficult without the right tools. More than proper credentials for the job, you must be a likable person in order for employers to consider you a candidate. Making yourself known to the industry and various practices in which you would like to work for is the major key to success. Build relationships with employees (not in a creepy way) and make your way into the company. Once you're in, keep giving the same hard work and effort and you will never have to worry about your job security.
  •  01-14-2015, 8:56 PM

Hi Jennifer! I think you should not worry too much about finding a job in the HIM department. The medical field is one of the fastest growing fields. I am sure by the time you graduate there will be many opportunities for you out there. Also, many private offices look for someone who they can train to their needs instead of having someone who has worked at other facilities because each facility is different and their expectations. 
  •  01-14-2015, 10:31 PM

I agree with Edina, many smaller facilities want to train someone to do things that work best for their particular facility.  The only problem with that is the smaller facilities pay much less than a hospital, but unfortunately you have to start somewhere.  The first 3-5 years will be difficult but if continue to build your resume eventually you will land that high paying job that worked so hard for.  Another option could be to contract yourself out.  Work for more than one small facility that does not need someone full-time but does need a person with an HIM background.  This way you can get experience in multiple areas of the health field

Katie.

•  02-07-2015, 3:15 AM

Hi Jennifer,

Every new college graduates will confront with this problem. Just having faith in yourself, especially on your specialize. Not all corporations require working experience when recruit new employees. Undoubtedly, working experience can give you a big advantage when you want to find a high rank job. Everyone need to go through probation period, no need to be worrisome.

WiFi HD Camera
  •  02-22-2015, 3:38 PM

Hi Jennifer

I am taking a short course in coding leading to certification.  How long did it take you to get the degree?  Do you think it is worth it? 

•  03-11-2015, 7:41 PM

you 're right.

لعبة جاتا
Page 1 of 2 (29 items)   1 2 Next >