Close Server: KOPWWW05 | Not logged in

Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

Lack of Ethics in OT

Last post 06-04-2014, 7:06 PM by Jan Russ. 0 replies.
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  06-04-2014, 7:06 PM

Lack of Ethics in OT

Is anyone else seeing a severe decline in ethics I OT?  I work only PRN and every where I go I am seeing OT's seeing patients in groups and billing individual time, charging for more minutes than they are actually seeing the patients, COTAs who never even read the POC etc.  I know they attribute their behaviors to the productivity requirements of the companies they are working for, but it seems to me that if they simply did their best the companies would have to accept it since OTs/COTAs are in short supply around here.  I have actually had a COTA come to me and ask me if I knew where there was a job opening and when I asked him why he was looking he stated "I'm tired of seeing patients for 20 minutes and having to say I saw them for 50.  I have had OTs and COTAs who saw all of their patients in groups and would leave the building during the day without clocking out and when they return and put in that they wee their all day ask me  to "Please don't rat on me.  I had to go do ..whatever...  How do others handle these situations.  Does it really matter?  Does anybody really care?  It does seem that the only thing the therapy providers are concerned with is the billing productivity.  I am really looking forward to retiring soon and getting away from all of this deceit.