Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

what are your thoughts on an online DOT??

Last post 10-17-2014, 3:43 AM by ribecca shah. 1 replies.
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  01-27-2014, 3:49 PM

what are your thoughts on an online DOT??

I want your opinion.  My company works with US non-profit universities and we are looking in to offering a DOT online. I'm trying to get some industry feedback on whether this would be a viable degree.

• My sister is actually an OT and she was saying that more and more OT's are getting their DOT.  Do you also see a trend of practicing OT's going back to school to get their DOT?  If so, what do you see as the main driver for this?
    • Are there any career impacts on getting a DOT?  Do you get paid more? If so, how much more? Can you more easily get a job? If so, are there certain specialties where this is more of the case?
    • Do you feel it would be feasible to do deliver this degree online?  What might be some of the challenges?
    • Do many OTs go directly from a Master's program to a Doctor program?

Thank you in advance for your time and insights.

•  10-17-2014, 3:43 AM

Re: what are your thoughts on an online DOT??

In my opinion,on-line DOTS is a short course named as ‘directly observed treatment’. It is given to the tuberculousis control strategy introduced by the “world health organization”. According to WHO. The most cost- effective way to stop the outspread of TB. DOTS is the best curative method for TB and it has main five components are:

·         A regular and uninterrupted drug supply.

·         Government commitment

·         Standardized treatment regimen directly of six to eight months observed by a healthcare community at least the first 2 months.

·         A standardized reporting and recording system that enables assessment of treatment results.

·         Sputum smear microscopy is used for case detection.