Close Server: KOPWWW05 | Not logged in

Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

HELP! Need insights on which specialty of PT should I work in?

Last post 05-29-2015, 12:40 AM by dontwant2bpt. 0 replies.
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  05-29-2015, 12:40 AM

HELP! Need insights on which specialty of PT should I work in?

I was a foreign trained PT graduated 15 years ago, have not been a PT until now (when I decided to migrate to the US) I have now worked as a PT for more than a year and can honestly say I hate being a physical therapist, dealing with other people's pain all the time and don't get me started on REPORTS/NOTES oh yes those effin notes!  So, the question in your minds might be... Why on earth did you become a PT in the first place?  Well, it was the most popular course during my time and I've heard it pays well in the US and abroad.

So now comes my dilemma, I currently work in a private out-patient clinic specializing in industrial rehab (so pretty much WORK COMP cases.) and I am totally burnt out, i do work conditioning for 5-8 pts at the same time in the mornings while also doing PT treatments then I also do 2 FCEs in the afternoon and sometimes 3 FCEs back2back2back.  Then I take the notes home, so meaning at night I still do notes and even my weekends i still do notes, its eating up my life!! I'm tired!! I dont if its the set-up of our company that sucks or if being a PT sucks.

I dont want to be a PT, but its the only profession I have and it pays well.  So my question is this, which branch or type of specialty should i work in that only has low level patients (will only do low level exercises), who i wont see for more than 2 months, that i can do part time, and only see 5 pts max a day and easy short reports?