Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

New PNP contract negotiation help?

Last post 09-17-2015, 2:03 PM by islam m. 2 replies.
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  10-11-2014, 7:15 PM

New PNP contract negotiation help?

I am a new pediatric NP and I just received my first contract for a position in a pediatric practice (that is a part of a larger medical group, think Kaiser, Sutter Health, etc and is affiliated with a hospital). 

A few things - throughout the entire document, the wording says "Family Nurse Practitioner" (which I am not, I'm acknowledged by the board of nursing as a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner). I called back and asked about it but was told that "all of their contracts say family NP for their mid-levels regardless of their specialty". 

Is this...appropriate? Or would it not be legal for me to sign the document if I'm not an FNP (even though they are telling me it's ok). 

I want them to change the wording so it either reflects my PNP certification/license or just have it say NP to be more general. Is this just me being too nit-picky? 

(Also, they had the wrong medical license # and DEA license listed on the contract so they will have to edit the document again anyway. I'm not comfortable signing a document with the incorrect information on it!)

Looking for some advice - does the wording of FNP vs PNP on a contract really "not matter" as they tell me?
  •  06-04-2015, 9:31 AM

Re: New PNP contract negotiation help?

thank you in the post

•  09-17-2015, 2:03 PM

Re: New PNP contract negotiation help?