Close Server: KOPWWW05 | Not logged in

Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

Needing to know more on HIMS

Last post 07-25-2016, 11:25 AM by strong peter. 3 replies.
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  12-11-2015, 11:52 AM

Needing to know more on HIMS

Hello, My name is delois

I was trying to see what's the best way for me to enter into the HIMS field. I would love to be in health care and I do administration work now but I don't want to be hands on with patients. My question is, What's a good job for me to do in the health care field with out dealing with patients hands on? I have never had a job in health care as of yet so what would be a good starting job for me? 

Delois 

•  01-11-2016, 7:01 PM

Re: Needing to know more on HIMS

Hi Delois

I also had an interest in the healthcare field but did not want to deal with patients hands on. So after some research I became interested in medical billing and coding. I have since enrolled in a program at my local community college that specializes in this field. I am now in my second semester and have discovered there are many other career paths besides billing and coding, even though I remain very interested in it. There are many positions within healthcare that deal with the capture, validation, maintenance, analysis,dissemination and security of electronic health records. You may have to take classes like Anatomy and Physiology and medical terminology so an interest in science helps, as well as being proficient with computers. I would suggest speaking with a guidance counselor as well as doing research online. Would love to hear back from you on your progress. Good Luck!

•  01-11-2016, 7:15 PM

Also a great resource would be the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) website.

ahima.org

•  07-25-2016, 11:25 AM

There are many positions within healthcare that deal with the capture, validation, maintenance, analysis,dissemination and security of electronic health records. 
    192.168.1.1|192.168.1.1|192.168.1.1|192.168.1.1