BROWSE BY TAGS
Showing page 1 of 2 (15 total posts)
Last week, a reader commented with praise for both NPs and PAs on our 2012 National Salary Survey of NPs & PAs. ''I am proud to see PAs and NPs getting along in the medical field. Both are great professions. I was an RN for 13 years prior to becoming a PA. I have been a PA for 8 years. I chose PA, because in 2001, NPs were basically ...
This week, readers of ADVANCE
for NPs & PAs let us know their opinions on many posts, comments and
our readers liked career development tips, the newest practices in skincare, NP
certification information and the latest posts from our various bloggers. We also
article discussing the growing ...
Readers of ADVANCE for NPs & PAs are getting involved by making their voices heard on our site and via social media. This week, several readers commented on articles and on blog posts. On the article, ''What NP Graduates Need to Know About Certification,'' questions are coming in about maintaining certification. Author Susan Hellier responded ...
If you're not chatting with us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, ''like'', ''follow'' and ''connect'' with us and start sharing in the conversations! If you are, keep following and spread the word!
This week, our social media sites exploded with great comments from our readers. Here are some of the highlights, copied verbatim and without ...
There are two types of jobs in the world of medicine: primary care and specialty. Primary care is known for its general medical scenarios. The ages, sexes and problems are varied. The medical problems that are far beyond the scope of practice and knowledge of the general practitioner are referred on to a specialist. Those in a specialty solely ...
The relaunch of ''PAEasy,'' an online test-prep product for PA students and PAs preparing to take the PANCE and PANRE, respectively, was announced today by its publisher.
In a press release, McGraw-Hill Professional says the package not only is available for individual purchase, but also, for the first time, is able to be licensed to ...
Randy D. Danielsen, PhD, PA-C, asked me to pass on this announcement. Note that the deadline is imminent, so act fast if you’re interested.
The NCCPA Foundation invites applications for two openings on its eight-member governing board of directors. Board members serve a three-year term, to begin as soon as selections are made, and will be ...
The NCCPA has announced a name change for PAs.
No, not that name change.
The commission has renamed its PA “specialty certification” program a “certificate of added qualifications” program, according to a press release. While the release itself isn’t posted at the NCCPA’s website today, the new “CAQ” language is already in place there.
Physician assistants are increasingly more likely to head into specialties such as surgery and emergency medicine rather than primary care, according to the News & Observer.
Researchers at the Duke University PA program studied the job choices of PAs from 1997 to 2006 and found that the number of PAs going into primary care declined to 41% ...
The NCCPA quietly rolled out the practice-focused PANRE this month.
Here's a little review from the NCCPA Web site:
Beginning in March 2009, PAs recertifying through PANRE will have a new choice to make. While 60% of the generalist exam will cover the same content as always, the remaining 40% can be directed in one of three areas: